By using OwnTrail, both as a guest (not logged in) and as a member (logged in to an OwnTrail account), you are agreeing to the following:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You identify as a woman or nonbinary gender.
- We have not previously disabled your account for violations of our terms.
- You are not prohibited by law from using our services.
- You will only create one OwnTrail account, and use it for personal purposes.
- If you create an OwnTrail account, you will use a secure password and not share it with anyone else.
- You don’t have to share anything you don’t want to, but when you do, the information that you share is true and accurate.
- You will not access or collect data from OwnTrail using automated methods, or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
OwnTrail users interact as a community that is there to support and lift each other up. Our community agreement is rooted in our core values:
- We encourage you to be transparent about your journeys and experiences.
- We facilitate authentic sharing, and celebrate the moments in our lives that are not “social media perfect.”
- Growth mindset
- We help you throw away the idea of one right path, and be open to new ideas and experiences in your life.
- We create an environment where you have the emotional safety to be vulnerable, and we make product decisions that don’t put your online safety at risk.
- We embrace the many identities and experiences that you hold, and build a platform that is inclusive of all of your needs and perspectives.
In order to create an experience that fosters these core values, all OwnTrail users need to follow some shared rules:
- Do not engage in behaviors that could be considered harassment, bullying, stalking, intimidating, assaulting, or any kind of mistreatment of others.
- Do not disclose information about others unless they have given you permission to do so.
- Do not disclose private or proprietary information that you do not have the right to share.
- Do not share content that would be considered obscene, pornographic or violent.
- Do not solicit money or other items of value from another user, whether as a gift, loan, or form of compensation.
- Do not share views that would be considered harmful or discriminating towards any identity, including race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
- Only share content that you have the rights to share, such as text that you wrote and photographs that you took. If you did not create the content that you are sharing, you must have permission to share it.
- Do not share other people’s personal contact information (such as address, phone number or email address). We would also recommend not sharing this about yourself.
The following disclaimers apply to your use of OwnTrail:
- You are solely responsible and liable for what you share on OwnTrail and how you use our products. As such, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold OwnTrail harmless from any claims made in connection with your content and behaviors.
- OwnTrail does not guarantee that our services will function without interruption or errors, and we provide our service on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- OwnTrail will not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages that stem from your use of OwnTrail, including but not limited to loss of data, reputation or opportunities.
Last Updated: 11/3/2019