Welcome to OwnTrail! OwnTrail is the platform that helps you be and become more than your resume in order to live a more fulfilling life.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- We have not previously disabled your account for violations of our terms.
- You are not prohibited by law from using our services.
- You will only create one OwnTrail account, and use it for personal purposes.
- If you create an OwnTrail account, you will use a secure password and not share it with anyone else.
- You don’t have to share anything you don’t want to, but when you do, the information that you share is true and accurate.
- You will not access or collect data from OwnTrail using automated methods, or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
OwnTrail members interact as a community that is there to support and lift each other up. Our community agreement is rooted in our core values:
- When we can be ourselves on our own terms, everyone benefits. Save the filters and the fillers, forget “social media perfect” — we show up as real multi-faceted human beings without apology.
- There’s beauty — and power — in our many identities and experiences. We create space for people to be equally seen and valued, without the need or expectation to conform to a single centered norm.
- Authentic, meaningful experiences require safe space and informed choice. Emotional, physical and digital safety are non-negotiable — and we collectively foster an environment where all can thrive.
- Our development and learning are never complete. As we reject the idea of one right path, we embrace a growth mindset, stay open to new possibilities and view failure and feedback as part of the process.
- Confidence and accountability are necessary for relationships with ourselves and our community. Trust is a two-way street required to build empathy, experience solidarity and take action.
In order to create an experience that fosters these core values, all OwnTrail users need to follow some shared rules:
- Do not engage in behaviors that could be considered harassment, bullying, stalking, intimidating, assaulting, or any kind of mistreatment of others.
- Do not disclose information about others unless they have given you permission to do so.
- Do not disclose private or proprietary information that you do not have the right to share.
- Do not share content that would be considered obscene, pornographic or violent.
- Do not solicit money or other items of value from another user, whether as a gift, loan, or form of compensation.
- Do not share views that would be considered harmful or discriminating towards any identity, including race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
- Only share content that you have the rights to share, such as text that you wrote and photographs that you took. If you did not create the content that you are sharing, you must have permission to share it.
- Do not share other people’s personal contact information (such as address, phone number or email address). We would also recommend not sharing this about yourself.
The following disclaimers apply to your use of OwnTrail:
- You are solely responsible and liable for what you share on OwnTrail and how you use our products. As such, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold OwnTrail harmless from any claims made in connection with your content and behaviors.
- OwnTrail does not guarantee that our services will function without interruption or errors, and we provide our service on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- OwnTrail will not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages that stem from your use of OwnTrail, including but not limited to loss of data, reputation or opportunities.
Last Updated: 5/18/2022